With over 6,000 rare diseases globally, what makes gum disease so important? Well, a few things. First, it impacts over 60% of American adults aged 30+. Second, it’s both preventable and can be curable if caught early. Third, did you know that at Preston Commons Dental Care, we offer the most advanced gum disease treatment in Dallas, Texas?
Nobody has to suffer from gum disease. Let’s learn why:
What is Gum Disease?
Gum disease- also known as periodontitis- is a severe infection inside the gums. Gum disease can cause tooth loss, bone decay, and more if left untreated. Left-over plaque, debris, and oral bacteria often cause gum disease. Basic hygiene, general care, and regular dental checkups can easily avoid this buildup.
Regardless, gum disease may sneak into your mouth anyway. Like a midnight bandit, you’ll never see it coming! If you’ve found yourself a victim of gum disease, don’t worry. We have a variety of periodontal therapies available. Techniques such as scaling, root planing, antibiotics, and flap surgery allow us to address the major causes and restore oral hygiene. Under our hands, it’s only a matter of time before you feel great again.
What are the Symptoms of Gum Disease?
Gym disease tends to be painfully obvious. A few symptoms include:
- Bleeding Gums. Gym disease might be to blame if your gums are bleeding without an apparent cause.
- Bad Breath. No infection ever smells good, especially one like periodontitis. While we can’t trace every case of bad breath to gum disease, it isn’t entirely immune either.
- Red or Swollen Gums. Are your gums enlarged, swollen, or more red than usual? If so, it’s not dressing up for Halloween- it’s gum disease.
- Painful Chewing. Eating food isn’t fun when it hurts. Call a dentist if you notice your teeth hurting when applying pressure.
- Gums Peeling. If your gums are pulling back from your teeth, it’s time to pull yourself into a dental clinic.
- Mystery Pus. Pus is never a good sign. If you notice pus on, around, or between your teeth, it’s time to take action.
Is Gum Disease Curable?
Yes! Gum disease is entirely curable if caught in the early stages of gingivitis. While prevention is the best policy, plan B is always a planned success. Our clinic offers a variety of therapies, techniques, and technologies to keep your gums in tip-top shape. Depending on the severity of the gum infection, we have both non-invasive and surgical procedures. Treatments such as scaling, root planing, antibiotics, and bone grafting allow us to treat any stage of gum disease.
If you need help deciding which treatment to pursue, don’t worry! We’re here to help. Schedule an appointment today.
How Can I Prevent Gum Disease?
As Leonardo da Vinci said, “simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” In this case, preventing gum disease couldn’t be any simpler! Essential habits such as brushing daily, flossing, and going to routine dental checkups give you outstanding odds against gum disease. Use fluoride toothpaste and soft-bristled toothbrushes for best results. If you want to go the extra mile, drop cigarettes and invest in mouthwash.
Gum Disease Treatment in Dallas, Texas
While gum disease affects 60% of all Americans aged 30+, it doesn’t have to affect you. Protect yourself with healthy habits, and stick our business card on your fridge. After all, it’s a good idea to have a dental lifeline! Dr. Justin Moseley and our team focus daily on providing the most advanced care in Dallas, Texas. That’s why we spare no expense on our machinery, tools, and office. Don’t believe us? Try us.
Reclaim your peace of mind; reclaim your smile. Schedule an appointment today to get started.